What is Rosacea?
Rosacea is a condition that causes inflammation of the skin. It causes skin to have redness, flushing, bumps and pimples, become sensitive and increase oil production. Rosacea is very common affecting an estimated 16 million Americans. It is a disorder more common in women and in fair skin types.
What are the symptoms of rosacea?
- Flushing, redness, broken blood vessels (telangiectasias)
- Red bumps that look like pimples typically on central face area
- Swelling or thickened skin
- Dry sensitive skin
- Oily skin and increased size of oil glands, enlargement of nose oil glands (rhinophyma)
- Burning, stinging
- Irritated, gritty feeling in eyes and swollen eyelids
What are the triggers for rosacea?
- Hot, spicy foods
- Wind and cold
Why is it important to avoid triggers?
Knowing what triggers your flare-ups and making some simple changes can help you:
- Reduce flares
- Get better results from treatment
- Prevent rosacea from worsening
What is the treatment for rosacea?
- Gentle and consistent skin care routine
- Diligent sun protection
- Avoidance of triggers
- Topical medications
- Oral antibiotics
- Gentle chemical peels to improve redness and bumps
- Laser treatment for redness, flushing and broken blood vessels
What products should I use for Rosacea?
Here are our favorite products to improve rosacea:
- Glowmedica Ultra Gentle Cleanser made of aloe and seaweed, this cleanser is gentle enough for your sensitve skin
- Skinbetter Alto is full of antioxidants and clinically proven to reduce redness
- Skinbetter AlphaRet used in combination with Skinbetter Alto, AlphaRet improves your skin texture fine lines
- EltaMD UV Clear contains a physical sunscreen and niacinamide to improve redness
What laser treatments will improve my rosacea?
- One of the best treatments for rosacea is a laser facial called Laser Genesis. Laser Genesis is gentle so there is no downtime, and helps improve the redness of rosacea, shrinks pores, decrease oiliness, and improves skin texture, scars and fine lines. Call us at 760-337-8500 to schedule a free consultation to see if this treatment is right for you.
Watch a demonstration of Laser Genesis, available at El Centro Dermatology
what is the best chemical peel for rosacea?
- PCA Skin Sensi Peel. This peel was specifically formulated for rosacea and sensitive skin. A series of three treatments will improve redness from rosacea.
The information presented on this web site, and any related links, is provided for general information and educational purposes only and are the opinions of Dr. Diana Dang. Consult with your physician or health care provider for any specific medical conditions or concerns that you have. (This also applies to patients in Dr. Dang's medical practice; the information here is not a substitute for, or an extension of, the medical care they provide for you.) Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read here. Use the information and products on this site at your own risk. Use of this site indicates your agreement with these statements and the Terms and Conditions of El Centro Dermatology & Laser Center. If you do not agree to all of these Terms and Conditions of use, please do not use this site!